Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 09:11:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  [HELP] How to configure 4 Public IP's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [HELP] How to configure 4 Public IP's  (Read 7259 times)
PaulScott

« on: Thursday 14 October 2010, 03:05:55 am »

Guys,

I need help on how to accomplish the use of 4 public IP's on a 2 Bastion Network configuration with DMZ for Mail an WWW servers.

The idea is that mail and web server use unique public Ip's but they are located behind Endian 1 Bastion with his own public Ip's also.

The fourth Ip is to be used by Proxy server, also behind Endian 1 Bastion.

I attach some graphic to illustrate the layout.

I will appreciate any help on this.

hickmanr

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 2010, 11:49:12 am »

Based on your diagram I'm not sure why you need 4 IP's. x.x.x.81 could be your single point of presence. Just setup the firewall to forward port 80 to your web server, port 25 to your e-mail server, port 53 to your public DNS server. This won't work if you have multiple servers running the same service, websites for example that would need port 80. So, let me assume you have more going on than you explained...

First, what version of Endian are you using?

In version 2.4, which I'm most familiar with, you can walk through the "network configuration" wizard (if I can call it that) and specify multiple IPs for the red interface. They need to be entered in a format of x.x.x.1/24, where 24 represents your subnet mask, in the additional IP's box.

xsidx

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 2010, 08:08:09 pm »

Based on your diagram I'm not sure why you need 4 IP's. x.x.x.81 could be your single point of presence. Just setup the firewall to forward port 80 to your web server, port 25 to your e-mail server, port 53 to your public DNS server. This won't work if you have multiple servers running the same service, websites for example that would need port 80. So, let me assume you have more going on than you explained...

First, what version of Endian are you using?

In version 2.4, which I'm most familiar with, you can walk through the "network configuration" wizard (if I can call it that) and specify multiple IPs for the red interface. They need to be entered in a format of x.x.x.1/24, where 24 represents your subnet mask, in the additional IP's box.

^^Agree, If you have 4 red nic cards you can also assign them under network settings, but that is normally used for redundancy or static routing, although they may do what you are trying to do to, which maybe to access different public ip's for each of your servers, but you will still have to use port forwarding internally as stated by hickmanr... I don't see why you would not just use 1 public IP, unless its a bandwidth issue, or maybe you are trying to set up so you can remote to your servers externally, in which case you can configure the remote service port to different ports other then default and just forward those specific ports to each server so 1 ip works...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.