Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wednesday 24 April 2024, 09:45:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Upgrading to 2.4.1 gives me kernel panic & rebooting every 10 seconds
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upgrading to 2.4.1 gives me kernel panic & rebooting every 10 seconds  (Read 31847 times)
caryb

« on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 09:14:32 am »

As the title says after upgrading this morning it sayed it had sucessfully worked & asked for reboot (was ssh'd into the firewall) & then bingo 1 dead firewall. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a folder I can copy to get my settings back like on IPcop?

I get "mount failed :220 0x1bd74" when I google this it's like the micro$oft random number gererator they have no-one knows the problem:-(

Cary

bradb21

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 09:57:02 am »

Same deal for me. I just finished my reinstall back to 2.4 and restored a backup that I had from last week.
caryb

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 10:06:33 am »

Where did you find the backup bradb21?

Thanks Cary
bradb21

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 11:00:45 am »

I make backups every so often and have them saved on my computer. So I was lucky.
caryb

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 11:22:24 am »

I save mine locally on the firewall, I guess they are in the root directory now to change permissions to copy them off with my trusty Ubuntu boot cd!

Cary
roderickali

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

can you say me how upgrade for version 2.4 to 2.4.1. please help me
caryb

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 01:13:58 pm »

I personnally would not do it! I have downloaded 2.4 to try to fix mine & it wont install so I'm going to give efw the flick & try smothwall out.

Cary
wavrunrx2

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 05:11:41 pm »

i would reccomend pfSense.

check out beta 2.0

week back, i left endian for good.

actaris

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 07:33:12 pm »

Yes, me too.
After a clean install of 2.4 I restored the backup AND tried again the upgrade: kernel panic...
Now i'm doinig another clean install of 2.4, I'll try the upgrade and only after i'll do the restore of the backup.
But: WHY there is not a 2.4.1 iso?  Angry
WHY no minimal support?
WHY send me a mail for a kill update?
tnx...

System Administrator, Intergraph PDS Administrator,

Endian 2.4 on Intel D510M0, 2 GB RAM, CF 16 GB on Sata Adapter
gladroger

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 07:56:17 pm »

My upgrade went perfect after the second try.

During the upgrade I got 404, I retried the efw-upgrade and it worked.

However, I encountered some bugs, like

192.168.1.1 :10443/manage/ips/rules 404
caryb

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 November 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

Am up and running with untangle, so far so good! It is a bit commercial but after that upgrade & would be wary of EFW

Cary
S.Dedo

« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 November 2010, 01:28:25 am »

Strange problem. I have yet the 2.4 of endian, upgraded from 2.2rc3. I stay with this release if there is a upgrade bug so. Remember always to do a good backup of your configuration of endian, after the settings are done and works well. Its simple, just click on backup on your dashboard and you can export the backup as a file .tar
caryb

« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 November 2010, 08:53:52 am »

For me I had a backup, but a backup is only good if you can install it in the 1st place. The PC I am using is a Lenovo dual core about 2 years old with 2Gb of RAM with a 80G SATA HDD, it hung crating the partitions with 2.4 I tried my Ubuntu CD & it installed fine & the Untangle also installed without a hitch. I tried the noacpi etc but after 3 hours I gave up.

Cary
camski

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 November 2010, 12:24:19 am »

I have been testing efw for 1 week now, love the GUI but had issues with proxy slowing after a day and QOS killing traffic throughput, then the upgrade to 2.4.1 which killed the system so the bullet proof IPcop was plugged back in.

My IPcop 1.4.21 with copfilter, TCAR plus manual clam 0.96.3 and other manual updates is so far the most stable system i have found. This system runs one a student accommodation network, each IP is limited to 500MB per 24hr period and through TCAR is cut, QoS_NG helps with guys who just want to surf Vs the P2P people. Everyone is happy and it all works great.

The IPcop systems have been bullet proof except for hardware failures which have mainly been the HDD after around 2-3 years. Tried IPcop 1.9.x but as the main requirement is traffic limiting after a certain bandwidth usage per day per IP  then i think i'm stuck with IPcop as i have not been able to find other firewalls that will do this without manual IPtable rules being applied.

If anyone can suggest any better way of doing things i would appreciate, at the minute i'm sticking with IPcop v1.4.21, Copfilter and manual updates to clam and other items. Any suggestions most welcome.

pwinterf

« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 November 2010, 07:49:51 pm »

hi there , just for the sake of numbers, same happens to me,

is there a common reason for those of us on this thread, ie for example im using jetway mini itx atom board,

would that be the same for all of us.

asi noticed the error was that the kernel was unable to mount any devices suggesting that as soon as it loaded it could not comunicate through the chipset.

jmho

regards peter
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 18 queries.