Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 28 March 2024, 10:59:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6489 Members
Latest Member: GB-gattoboy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  HTTP Proxy Dies Regularly
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTTP Proxy Dies Regularly  (Read 16774 times)
munchmantx

« on: Wednesday 04 June 2008, 02:07:37 am »

Hello

I am running two different locations on the 2.2RC1 version. They both are using Transparent Proxy with Content Filter and Antivirus. They are both running on old PCs that were no longer being used. My problem is this:

The Proxy regularly (several times/week and sometimes daily) stops working. No one is able to get to any web sites until I clear the cache - which seems to restart the proxy services.

Can anyone help me discover what's failing?

Thanks!
Jeromey
bl117

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 June 2008, 06:12:40 am »

This happens every 10 minutes or so on mine as well.  just keep reinstalling until everything works.
munchmantx

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 June 2008, 10:32:05 am »

Can I backup/restore my config so I don't have to reconfigure everything?
Papoux

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 June 2008, 11:19:17 pm »

I noticed the following behavior:

Initially I enabled HTTP transparent Proxy on GREEN, BLUE and ORANGE interfaces.
I activated it on ORANGE interface in order to secure my WEB server located on the DMZ.

I noticed that the Memory cache consumption was constantly increasing during the day and the bandwidth consumption increased on the RED interface only without corresponding increase on all other interface.  The IDS was reporting all sort of attacks against my WEB server and, that's what make me suspect that the HTTP Proxy might be trying to cache stuff from the Internet...

I deactivated the HTTP Proxy on the ORANGE interface, and the system now works properly and the proxy, memory consumption and traffic load are normal.

This brings me a new question:
How can I configure the proxy to protect my WEB server on the ORANGE (DMZ) interface without caching elements from or to this network?

Thanks,

Papoux ;-)
munchmantx

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 June 2008, 02:36:16 am »

Hello Papoux,

Sorry but I do not know the answer to your question. However, you might have more luck starting a new topic/thread instead of adding to the end of this one since your problem has more to do specifically with ORANGE interface proxy and not just the proxy stopping.

Good luck!
Jeromey
bl117

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 June 2008, 11:45:15 pm »

I am having this same issue as well.  However, instead of clearing the cache on the proxy, I just resave the config and it seems to work fine for another hour.  I have finally had enough and just disabled the proxy altogether until we get an answer as to what is wrong.
Papoux

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 June 2008, 03:00:03 am »

Hi everyone,

I reported a bug at: http://bugs.endian.it regarding an issue when using the Anti-Virus with the HTTP Proxy...  From what I observed the HAVP process is causing a memory leak.
I'm testing right now if by disabling the Anti-Virus, the HTTP Proxy can survive...

Regards,

Papoux ;-)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.