Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sunday 28 April 2024, 05:55:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  New Installation for Content filtering only
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Installation for Content filtering only  (Read 7391 times)
chandak

« on: Monday 21 November 2011, 10:26:58 pm »

Hello,

Im planning to install content filtering and don't want to use it as a proxy. I would like to put endian between the router and the switch. i dont want to change anything on the workstations and the router. Whats the best way to do this?

Router (192.168.0.1)------->Green192.168.0.5(Endian)192.168.0.10------>Switch----->LAN

Will this work? If not where would i go wrong. Would I be able to use content filtering without a proxy?

Thanks in advance

endianupdate

« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 2012, 08:24:42 pm »

Content filtering is provided through the DansGuardian filter which needs the Web Proxy service running.

For your question it is not possible to setup in the way you want but you can connect the Endian to the network just using the GREEN interface, enable the Web Proxy service and the contentfilter but in this case you will not be able to use the Transparent proxy, you will need to set the proxy on each of your computers to the Endian.

Also in my example above you must then block access to port 80 on your router and only allow port 80 from the Endian, otherwise users will be able to bypass your Proxy.

Or you can setup as follows

LAN 192.168.0.x --- > GREEN (Endian) 192.168.0.1 --- > RED (Endian) 192.168.1.5 --- > Router 192.168.1.1

In this example you will need to change your IP address of your router and connect it directly to the RED interface of the Endian, then you can enable Transparent proxy for GREEN and setup contentfilter, you can set a <ANY> rule in the fiewall from GREEN to RED if you do not want to block any connections.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.