Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:29:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  [solved] RED: DHCP from cable doesn't work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved] RED: DHCP from cable doesn't work  (Read 6762 times)
HaCkAttaCk2001

« on: Saturday 27 September 2008, 11:09:31 pm »

Hi.

I switched from an unstable Linksys-WRT54GS-Router (v7, no ddwrt possible) to EFW. Everything works fine except internet.
The Linksys-Router used DHCP as "authentication method", so I am using "Ethernet DHCP". The WAN-wire is connected to the right NIC and the green too (green gets DHCP from EFW and is able to access the admin-panel).
The problem is, that EFW shows that it is waiting for connection (orange panel in "Status") and it won't get its WAN-IP. If I take the WAN-wire and plug it into the Linksys, it works immediately.
What am I doing wrong?

Solution
For all who are having the same problems: look at the back of your previous WLAN router and write down its MAC address. Then go to your EFW admin panel, network, uplinks, activate advanced settings and tick "use user-defined MAC" and enter the old one. DHCP will now function.
If you did not have an activated old router before, phone your ISP and ask for activation of the MAC address of your RED nic (you should have written it down somewhere prior to phoning your ISP).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.