Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 26 April 2024, 09:36:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  New Install, multiple issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Install, multiple issues  (Read 6399 times)
Rchadwick

« on: Saturday 01 December 2012, 08:58:26 am »

I've been a happy pfsense user for a while, but something weird kept interrupting the connection, so I've moved to Endian.

Everything works pretty good except for these:

1) Cloning the MAC address on the WAN port doesn't seem to work. I haven't figured out yet how to tell for sure, but My ISP determines my IP address by MAC, and my IP address is DRASTICALLY different, despite cloning my old MAC address.

2) When I boot the Endian router, the WAN port doesn't get an IP address until I physically unplug and plug the network cable. Then, everything works fine. I suspect this is related to the above problem, as I remember a case a while ago where a corruped MAC address caused the exact same symptom.

3) I have one, and so far only one, WinXP machine that refuses to get an IP from Endian. Is this a known issue? Are there settings that might help?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

***UPDATE***
I found where the MAC address is. It hasn't changed. Is the spoofed MAC supposed to be entered in a specific format? Does anyone even have MAC spoofing working? From searching, I've found people who also had problems, but no solutions.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.