Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 03:43:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Is there a way to clear the Recipient address verification cache?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to clear the Recipient address verification cache?  (Read 8839 times)
crazymin

« on: Monday 23 February 2015, 03:18:01 am »

I am running Endian Community 3.0
I use it as an inbound SMTP SPAM filter between the world and my mail server
For the SMTP Proxy settings I have the box (under Mail Server Settings) for "Recipient address verification" checked
This has had no problems for me until today. An outside service emailed a mailbox that did not yet exist on my mail server. Endian did what it was supposed to do and rejected the message after checking with my mail server that there was no such mailbox.
My problem is that I now created this mailbox, but Endian keeps rejecting messages to that address. If I uncheck the "Recipient address verification" box the messages come through, so I know it is this feature. As I understand there is a cache that postfix keeps on this, but I cannot find a way to flush the cache of verified (good or bad) recipient addresses.

Google seems to turn up very little other than confirming that there is a cache of some sort.  Below is the log entry I see when this option is enabled. I can do an SMTP query directly to my mail server and the recipeint is OK, and as I stated earlier it works if I disable this verification option. 

postfix/smtpd[11248]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-wg0-f48.google.com[74.125.82.48]: 450 4.1.1 <postmaster@hiddendomain.net>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: host 192.168.20.11[192.168.20.11] said: 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=<hiddenuser@gmail.com> to=<postmaster@hiddendomain.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wg0-f48.google.com>
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.