Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 19 April 2024, 12:26:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  3.0.5beta 1. Extremely low upload speed.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3.0.5beta 1. Extremely low upload speed.  (Read 19727 times)
ussserr

« on: Thursday 28 May 2015, 07:59:28 pm »

Endian 3.0.5beta1 has extremely low upload speed, about 10 kB/s. Download speed seems to be fine. All unnecessary services are off: Antivirus, anti-spam, QoS, Outgoing firewall, etc.
Previous endian 2.5 had no upload speed issues.
mmiat

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 May 2015, 08:03:02 pm »

it's a beta Wink

---------------------
IT Consultant
www.fsw.it
Hardware & Software
ussserr

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 June 2015, 05:28:45 am »

So, all their betas have this "feature"?! Why didn't they tell about it in the first place?  Angry Why do the offer to download and install their betas then?  Angry Angry Angry Angry F.... endian!
Gabriel GHEORGHIU

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 June 2015, 10:23:35 pm »

Hi to all!

Speedtest from GREEN with EFW 3.0.5 Beta1.

From Sibiu/Romania: Ping: 38 ms, Download Speed: 37.40 Mbps, Upload Speed: 35.02 Mbps
From Oslo/Norway: Ping: 78 ms, Downlod Speed: 52.18 Mbps, Upload Speed: 26.52 Mbps
From Washington, DC/USA: Ping: 125 ms, Download Speed: 44.46 Mbps, Upload Speed: 16.99 Mbps

Unfortunately I can not attach pictures: "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved. "

Gabriel
ussserr

« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 June 2015, 05:27:46 am »

Ok... Undecided So, there's hope... What can I do to remove that mysterious setting that leads to such "beta" upload speed? Any suggestions? Roll Eyes
Gabriel GHEORGHIU

« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 June 2015, 09:13:40 pm »

Hi,
Sincerely, I don't know what can I tell you.
You said that all unnecessary services are off.
I have all services running except QoS, DHCP and VPN.
Is the same hardware that you used with EFW 2.5? Also the same network configuration? Do you have any other Router between EFW and ISP? If yes, maybe the issue is there.
Try to test only the EFW.
Connect ISP directly to EFW and try this:

1. In Firewall -> Port forwarding / Destination NAT, make first rule like this: (Advanced mode) Incoming IP: Uplink main - IP:, Incoming Service: ANY, Protocol: ANY,  Translate to: your GREEN IP, NAT: NAT, Access from: ANY, Filter policy: ALLOW.
2. In Firewall -> Outgoing traffic, make first rule like this: Source: GREEN, Destination: RED, Service: ANY, Protocol: ANY,  Action: ALLOW.

(Shortly, Incoming: ANY to ANY, Allow all; Outgoing: ANY to ANY, Allow all)

Test again.

Gabriel
ussserr

« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 June 2015, 11:42:12 pm »

Hi, Gabriel.

The hardware is the same and the network configuration is exactly the same. EFW 2.5 (or maybe even 2.4) was upgraded to 3.0.5beta1 using the installation cd. The reason was that firewall was installed in 2011 or 2012, so it was too old.
The computer is connected to the ISP directly.

So, I was very surprised to get such a drastic drop in upload speed.

My outgoing firewall is off completely Smiley I'll try to turn it on and use that trivial ALLOW ALL rule, but I doubt it will help.
ussserr

« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 June 2015, 11:52:08 pm »

Is it possible to test network speed on EFW itself? Using ssh maybe? I can test network speed on computers that are behind that wonderful firewall, and upload speed is awful. I can't connect any computer to the ISP directly, even temporarily, because I'm not personally in that place where the computer with that wonderful firewall is located Wink Maybe in two weeks...
Gabriel GHEORGHIU

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 June 2015, 02:19:58 am »

Hi ussserr,

Maybe this

http://www.tecmint.com/check-internet-speed-from-command-line-in-linux/

can help you to test internet speed directly from EFW. I don't know if it works or if can be install on EFW.

Perhaps the issue came from upgrade. Something went wrong, something does not fit from the old version to new version, or is a programing issue.

After I made the upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5 Beta1, I have problems with Scheduled Backups and Event Notifications. I think that will be better to make a clean install directly with 3.0.5 to see if the problems will disappear.

Gabriel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.