Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 03:45:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  VPN Support
| | |-+  Help with VPN and Netflix
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with VPN and Netflix  (Read 20319 times)
DannyG

« on: Sunday 01 March 2020, 11:57:42 pm »

Hi Community!

I live in the US but stay abroad several months a year due to work. I'm dependent on using VPN to access certian services that are blocked in the country I work. However there are issues with Netflix blocking my VPN users. How would I solve this? It's probably possible to re-route Netflix traffic so that I don't use the VPN with Netflix, but I have no clue how to do that. Another possible solution would be to subscribe to Netflix VPN to bypass the issue, but I have no experience with this either. Any hints on how to solve this?

Regards, Danny
DannyG

« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 March 2020, 03:45:33 am »

I have read more on the topic and understand that the underlying issue is that Netflix are cracking down on users accessing geo-blocked content. Apparently Netflix announced already in 2016 it would be cracking down on users who use VPNs to access content available outside their own country. This is strange because my VPN was only blocked recently. There is now even a market for a special VPN services because of this cat-and-mouse game between Netflix and VPN providers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.