Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wednesday 01 May 2024, 08:41:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Latest Endian Firewall is now available for download HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Facebook problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Facebook problems  (Read 23082 times)
caryb

« on: Sunday 04 October 2009, 09:45:17 pm »

I upgraded to Endian from Ipcop yesterday, it is a bit of a learning curve but it fixes a problem of the kids Windows PC's spewing out SMTP traffic. The only problem I havent found a fix for yet is that facebook is borked. I can https facebook but port 80 only gives a white blank screen. I am using V2.3

Has anyone seen this issue Huh

Thanks Cary
maxim

This forum was a waste of time.

« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 October 2009, 08:23:25 am »

I've experienced this at my work PC. I haven't upgraded though. It just started happening in the last week. Sometimes i'll refresh and it'll appear no problem. I don't it has anything to do with endian.
danodemano

« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 October 2009, 09:21:09 am »

I have not seen any problem with Endian and Facebook but then again I don't go there hardly at all.  I just tried though using all the browsers I had on my Machine (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and *shudder* IE) and it works fine running through my Endian 2.3RC1 box.  I agree with Maxim, I don't believe this has anything to do with Endian.
caryb

« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 October 2009, 08:25:22 pm »

Bugger! I have 4 kids & wife on my case to fix this. I & wife using Kubuntu, son uses Mac & 2 of the squids us XP Shocked I take my laptop to work & dont have any issue. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with transparent proxy? We are using various browsers.

Cary
danodemano

« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 October 2009, 10:21:46 pm »

Could be but I have my transparent proxy enabled as well.  I don't, however, have the content filtering turned on.  You could try to exclude facebook.com in the cache settings.  I'm not in front of my box right now but if you go to proxy then scroll down, there is one for cache there.  If you expand it out, there should be a bypass domains box.  Pute facebook.com in there then save and click apply at the top.  I will get in front of mine a bit later and track down exactly where the bypass is if you have any trouble.
caryb

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 October 2009, 08:56:19 am »

This is pure conjecture but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that FB uses multiple servers to dish out content & perhaps Endian doesn't like different source addresses for 1 page?

On another note to isolate this problem I connected my IPcop FW last night & had no problems, I was thinking that maybe a FF update etc might be the culprit.

Cary
danodemano

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 October 2009, 09:17:35 am »

Try turning off the transparent proxy on the http and enabling all the logging that you can.  If you look at the firewall log, you may see things getting dropped.  If so, this might be part of the problem.  My guess is there is something in FB that Endian doesn't like, though I haven't a clue what.  What's odd is that I still have no problem getting there, though again I am using 2.3RC1 so there may be some differences here.  My thought is to start turning off the various modules, proxy, virus scanning, intrusion detection, etc and see if you can isolate the problem down.
wjstone

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 October 2009, 10:48:10 am »

I have the opposite problem.  I want to block HTTPS and HTTP to facebook (among other sites)

Any idea how to do this without blocking HTTPS all together?
npeterson

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 October 2009, 12:55:10 am »

You need to add the following to squid, so edit the /etc/squid/squid.conf.tmpl
add:

server_http11 on

reboot the server or get efw to rebuild the configuration, and reload.
caryb

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 October 2009, 08:28:22 pm »

add:

server_http11 on

Well I tried that but alas no go, but I did find that Endian does install nano in the default install Grin One thing I discovered if you hit the refresh button on about the 5 to 6th attempt it will come up Huh

Cary
caryb

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 October 2009, 08:55:56 pm »

It's not a fix but have added 192.168.0.0/24 to the exclusion rule for transparent proxy from SUBNET/IP/MAC

Although this fixes the facebook problem it would be nice to have a squid working. I also now can apt-get update on my Linux boxes now Roll Eyes

Cary

danodemano

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 October 2009, 01:46:07 pm »

OK, so I have played with this for a bit now and see the same problem.  I tried to add the line specified above (server_http11 on) but that seems to make no difference.  Many "web 2.0 sites" seem to simply show a white screen.  This forum (efwsupport.com) seems to also show the "white screen of death"  I can't seem to track down the reason but shutting off the HTTP proxy fixes the issue.  I don't know where to go from here and since my log are full (another post) I am having trouble tracking down the issue.
caryb

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 October 2009, 02:31:34 pm »

Nice to know it's just not me!

Thanks Cary
danodemano

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 October 2009, 09:11:21 am »

add:

server_http11 on

Well I tried that but alas no go, but I did find that Endian does install nano in the default install Grin One thing I discovered if you hit the refresh button on about the 5 to 6th attempt it will come up Huh

Cary

I suspect this is the reason it didn't work:
Code:
line 170 unrecognized: 'server_http11 on'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 18 queries.