Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 05:52:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Blocking, Proxy and Content Filtering... Ueber New to EFW...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blocking, Proxy and Content Filtering... Ueber New to EFW...  (Read 5691 times)
kobioshi

« on: Tuesday 25 May 2010, 06:47:00 am »

Hi everyone.  I am certain that my questions are easy to those of you who have been around a while, but I am new to EFW and honestly to firewall security.  So any help you all could lend me would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

1.  I have a current release of EFW and I chose it because I need to setup proxy and content filtering that is integrated into my Windows AD.  Problem is I cannot get my EFW to join the AD.  I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 Directory Services.  I have synched time servers, configured DNS and followed the KB on pitfalls for AD integration and still cannot get it to work.  The only error I receive is "Failed to join domain".  Any ideas, or directions to some killer how to's on step by step proxy / content filter configurations with AD integration?

2.  I need to block all P2P type services for all but one computer.  I have the outgoing firewall on, and I have poked around there but I don't see an easy way to setup a universal rule that blocks these services/programs.

3.  I want to be able to kill specific client connections at will and in real-time as needed.  How is this accomplished?

I really appreciate any help you can offer, and please accept my apologies for not finding this stuff if it already exists in the forums...  Undecided

-Kobioshi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.