Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 19 April 2024, 05:21:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  change dhcp listen interface from green to red
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: change dhcp listen interface from green to red  (Read 8174 times)
amdan

« on: Wednesday 07 July 2010, 04:03:45 pm »

I want to run dhcp server on endian firewall. In default intallation, dhcp server runs on green interface, i want to run it on red interface.
Because Im using endian firewall infront of my all servers, and all clients behind endian. Clients should get there IP addresses from endian firewall.
So all clients will be on red interface and all servers should be on green interface of endian firewall. Is this possible? if so how should i do it?

Clients ----->(red)Endian firewall(green) ----->servers
mrkroket

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 01:26:21 am »

Anything is forcing you to use this setup? It's weird.

If you don't have any internet connection, the best setup should be GREEN -> clients and ORANGE->Servers. RED can be a dummy gateway.
amdan

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 July 2010, 02:28:36 pm »

In this setup I am just trying to place the firewall in front of all our servers as a perimeter firewall. There will be no internet connection. just controlling traffics/access to all internal servers from our internal clients. I have placed all servers behind green interface and all internal clients on red interface. So i want to run the dhcp server on this firewall for internal clients. Vlan is setup for all our internal clients. So how can i run the dhcp server on red interface?
DFen

« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 July 2010, 01:54:35 am »

I can think of no technical reason other than it is not the way most people want to set up their firewalls.

I am sure dhcp can be configured manually through dnsmasq (/etc/dnsmasq/dnsmasq.conf?)

As mrkroket says - I think the best way is to det your clients on Green, and the servers on Orange. This should give the same firewalling options as your present set-up, but with dhcp on the green interface.

You can even set up an "uplink" gateway routed to the Internet over the green interface.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.