Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 19 April 2024, 10:31:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the official Endian Community Mailinglist  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Installing 2.1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing 2.1  (Read 24786 times)
abhai2k

« on: Sunday 04 May 2008, 01:54:27 am »

Hi i trid installing endian 2.1 on my machine. Everything goes well i assign 192.168.1.222 as the green ip. Now when the system restarts it asks for login ( via shell ). I was never asked to set any root password or any such details. I tried connecting to the web based interface via lan card but that too failed. Pinging the server was also futile. The ip add of my laptop is 192.168.1.77. Please tell me where i am going wrong...
sunblast

« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 2008, 06:33:13 am »

Hi abhai2k,

the default password for the root access is endian.

If you can not ping your endian it seems that your network setup is not correct. Also the IP range is right. Or you connect your labtop to the red interface (I do not know if ping is blocked on the red interface). Just make sure that your connected to the green interface.

Please tell me how you set your network. Similar to this

labtop --- switch --- efw

abhai2k

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 May 2008, 05:03:24 pm »

Hey thanks... Finally got it to work. But i am now facing another problem. After instaling and setting up zones etc via my laptop ( os vista ) i check everything etc and works fine. Now after a while ( actually the next day ) when i turned on endian i am unable to connect to it via my laptop. Vista says unidentified network etc. I tried connecting with my  xp laptop and it works. Where am i going wrong
Endian ip : 192.168.1.15
nm: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.15
sunblast

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 May 2008, 11:22:12 pm »

Not quite sure what you mean by "Zones"... are you talking bout WLAN? Happily i never got in touch with vista Wink.

Might be that your vista did not got any IP from dhcp? Or that endian does not save all the informationen needed between reboots.

Could you give me some info how and what you set up on your vista labtop?

abhai2k

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 May 2008, 11:34:37 pm »

Hey thanks for the response but i think i solved it. Its because of stupid vista trying to auto detect networks etc. Xp uses LANMAN ( i think still confused with this topic ) based network settings and VISTA uses NTLDR, hence VISTA simply will not connect unless the other system ( specially other OS ) is sharing files ( funny point here vista wont even ping ). To solve this i made a reg edit ( ill confirm and explain the fix soon as i am still testing ). It works now but it appears that endian has a delayed broadcast. Can you please confirm if this is true ( by delayed i mean it takes up to 1min for vista/xp to recognize endian ).
Thanks again ill post the vista fix soon...
Simply love endian.
sunblast

« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 May 2008, 07:19:25 am »

Glad I could help  Roll Eyes

I'm still not quite getting what you did. Did i get it right that you configured the zones inside the os of the lan machine? Only thing i could find inside the endian gui about zones is here:

https://10.200.10.1:10443/cgi-bin/dmzholes.cgi

But thats not what your talking about, right?
As my XP installation refused to work with dhcp right from the start I can't confirm any delays. But  of my just went fine with dhcp coming from endian. One XP machine and one Vista machine. (We had some kind of lan party last weekend Wink ).

Just for my peace of mind can you clearify things a bit....

Man your so right with falling in love with this little gadget. Some things that bite but it does not even hurt.  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.