Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 06:41:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Download the latest community FREE version  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  HTTP PROXY help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTTP PROXY help!  (Read 3913 times)
notanotheruser

« on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 08:24:29 pm »

Good day!
This is currently my 2nd day of working with 2.4 Endian Firewall, and I'm quite new to the world of Firewalls.
I am now testing Content Filtering. I can understand the flow of the configuration, but I can't understant why the outcome is not what I expected.

I did these:

On the Configurations tab, the only settings I change was Green=Transparent

On the Content Filter Tab:
I Create a New Profile and  I add facebook.com on the "Block the following sites", and I clicked Update Profile.

Then I went to Authentication Tab,
I chose Local Authentication for the method and I create a user.

and then I went to Access Policy Tab,
I add a new Access Policy

on the Authentication, I chose User based and I clicked the user that I created, I don't know what useragents is so I didn't touch that,

and on the Access Policy I chose allow access

I really can't understant what should I put on the Source and the Destination so I just chose Any, but I want it to work for specifics IPs only... Please enlighten me.

Another thing that I notice was there was 2 policies on the Access Policy tab which are the policy that I created and "filter for virus", I think this was a default policy....

Well, here  are the scenarios,

1.I expected that the website that I can't access is facebook.com and I should login to authenticate, but I can still access it.

2.I went to Access Policy tab, I edited the policy that I made, and on the Authentication, I changed it into disable from user based. And the result was all the websites are blocked.

3.I went to Access Policy tab again, and I changed the Authentication back to User based, I updated it.
   and on the Access Policy tab I disabled the "filter for virus" policy and the result was same as Scenario 2!

Did I miss something? I've been reading for hours but I couldn't get something that will help me.. Please! Thanks a lot! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.