Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 01:07:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Multiple interfaces in red zone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple interfaces in red zone  (Read 11006 times)
wolfric

« on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 04:09:42 pm »

Hi, I'm trying to install/configure an endian firewall for my home network. Have 2 adsl connections coming into the house that i would like to be managed by the one firewall device. Both are serving out existing networks on separate IP ranges (one being 192.168.0.x, one being 10.0.0.x)
I would like to share both of these connections in some way (whether failover when one goes down, or ip-based routing) and have incomming connections on particular interfaces to be redirected to different machines internal to the network.

Is it possible to have multiple Ethernet Adapters in the RED zone within Endian? have done some searching but come up with very little on the subject (happy to be pointed out as failing to search properly if anyone else can come up with the answer from searches)

in the end, the aim is two incoming internet connections in the red zone
mrkroket

« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 2011, 04:47:46 am »

Yep, Endian is multi-wan, and failover. The only thing that doesn't do is WAN balance, but you can assign traffic to each RED interface.
I do have two RED interfaces, and I must say that sometimes failover doesn't work as expected. But for a home network it might be OK.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.