Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wednesday 24 April 2024, 10:21:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  EFW SMTP, HTTP, SIP, FTP Proxy Support
| | |-+  Endian FW 2.5 Maximum Download Size
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endian FW 2.5 Maximum Download Size  (Read 19804 times)
rajkn

« on: Thursday 02 February 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

Hi,

I changed the default value (which was 0) in "Maximum Download Size (Incoming in KB)" to 20480. However I get the Proxy denied page saying "The reply is too large" and it doesnt allow me to download files of even 2MB size. When I searched, I found suggestions that this setting needs to be done under "Default Policy". However in Endian 2.5 I could not find this setting under default policy.

I think I am missing some step, which I am not able to identify. I have set the cach size at 1GB. I would really appreciate any help on this as this is the only setting pending in my firewall config. All other features are working fine and its a great product.

Thanks
Rajesh
rajkn

« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 February 2012, 06:39:17 pm »

Sad I tried setting different values for file size, enabling, disabling etc and nothing worked. Eventually I have decided to go back to ClearOS till I figure out something on this. I would love to use Endian if there is any solution for the above problem.

Regards
Rajesh
endianupdate

« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 2012, 03:15:50 am »

Normally I do not use this setting but I have tested for you on my install.

I have the same issue as you when setting a value in 'Maximum download size (incoming in KB)' under Proxy > Configuration > Proxy Settings

I have looked in the '/etc/squid/squid.conf.tmpl' file and it looks like there may be a bug in the configuration, I have changed my settings as follows and it now appears to work as intended.

'request_body_max_size ${MAX_OUTGOING_SIZE}KB' changed to 'request_body_max_size ${MAX_OUTGOING_SIZE}'
'reply_body_max_size ${MAX_INCOMING_SIZE}KB allow from_all' changed to 'reply_body_max_size ${MAX_INCOMING_SIZE} allow from_all'

Note do not edit the '/etc/squid/squid.conf' directly as the EFW creates this file from the template every time the proxy is started so your changes will be overwritten.

Also note that after making the changes above you need to enter the value as bytes not KB so to force a 10MB download size limit enter the value 10485760 into the 'Maximum download size' box. Also I have noticed that if the file has been cached to the EFW then even if you change the 'Maximum download size' smaller than the file it will still be downloaded from the cache.

I will register this as a bug with Endian to see if it can be fixed in a future update.

Hope this helps
rajkn

« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 2012, 04:06:23 pm »

Thanks a lot Endianupdate. It worked!
 Smiley
endianupdate

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 February 2012, 12:33:29 am »

Your welcome, glad to have helped.
ersimransingh

« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 April 2013, 08:04:08 pm »

Please Help Me How To I Open "squid.conf.tmpl" file From My Windows7 System

Huh
albertgordojr

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 May 2013, 12:19:42 pm »

Please Help Me How To I Open "squid.conf.tmpl" file From My Windows7 System

Huh

you need to do it in web console or download 'putty' and connect to your server through ssh. you can edit the file using nano or vi.

regards,

albert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.