Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Saturday 20 April 2024, 08:25:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  8 Static IP Block Setup - ATT DSL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Static IP Block Setup - ATT DSL  (Read 13918 times)
esmith972

« on: Tuesday 17 July 2012, 02:29:36 am »

Okay let me preface by saying I have never done a setup like this before. Now let's move on!

I have setup the EFW:C edition onto an old PC of mine and have setup two NICs (red + green of course) and can browse, so as long as my DSL modem uses the PPPoE connection. I want to get the modem bridged so I bought an 8-block of static IPs from ATT (this is the only static IP option they offer for small business customers). Well I have the information but I have no clue how to set this up... I'll just attach a list of them below.

All I want to do is assign the firewall those static IP(s)... how the heck do I do this?

255.255.255.248 - subnet
x.x.x.144 - unusable
x.x.x.145 - pc
x.x.x.146 - pc
x.x.x.147 - pc
x.x.x.148 - pc
x.x.x.149 - pc
x.x.x.150 - router
x.x.x.151 - unusable
jvaughn

« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 August 2012, 04:26:50 am »

We just set up an Endian system at our office (still not working 100%, but not sure if that's Endian's fault at this point).

Set your ADSL modem to bridged, and then set the Endian to use PPPoE, put in your PPPoE login information, and check the box for additional IP addresses and add them in there.

Just put in your .145 to .149 addresses, should work. Might be able to use the "router" address too, but we haven't tested this.

At least, that's how ours is set up...
mrkroket

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 September 2012, 09:08:36 am »

on network->interfaces, add your first IP x.x.x.145, netmask 255.255.255.248, add the correct gateway (probably is the x.x.x.150, but check your ISP config)
Then check the option "Add additional addresses (one IP/Netmask or IP/CIDR per line)"
and add your extra IP's x.x.x.146/255.255.255.248 , etc etc one on each line

This is the case when your ISP gives you a pool of public IP addresses, the setup may vary on other scenarios.
bahjons

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 November 2012, 08:16:49 am »

We just set up an Endian system at our office (still not working 100%, but not sure if that's Endian's fault at this point).

Set your ADSL modem to bridged, and then set the Endian to use PPPoE, put in your PPPoE login information, and check the box for additional IP addresses and add them in there.

Just put in your .145 to .149 addresses, should work. Might be able to use the "router" address too, but we haven't tested this.

At least, that's how ours is set up...

Are you able to then assign the extra IPs to PCs? Or are you port forwarding to that PC's LAN IP?
jeremycald

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 March 2013, 12:29:14 pm »

Your question is a bit vague.  You say "How do I assign those IP addresses to the router?" Do you mean so that they point to the router itself or so that tye can be directed at a computer behind the router (i.e. DMZ)

Another way of setting this up would be to ask your ISP to set these addresses as a subnet behind your router and you can place the whole subnet in the DMZ (for your web servers, etc)  Then your router will get a totally different IP y.y.y.y/29 address and their routers will have a static route in them saying in order to get to x.x.x.144/28 network send the packets to y.y.y.y  At that point all of your nat'ing for your users will use the y.y.y.y address and your internet servers will use the subnet.

The benefits are a completely separate subnet from your router interface and in your FW rules you can treat them as such.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 18 queries.