Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 02:02:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Development
| |-+  Contribute Your Customisations & Modifications
| | |-+  Endian 2.5.1 configure smart-PM install wget and nrpe (Nagios)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endian 2.5.1 configure smart-PM install wget and nrpe (Nagios)  (Read 63769 times)
tmedcalf

« on: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 01:59:07 am »

WARNING! HAVE A GOOD BACKUP AND DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU USE THIS INFORMATION! THE FIRST THING I WANTED TO INSTALL, WANTED TO MAKE CRIPPLING CHANGES TO  ENDIAN, AFTER USING: smart flag --set lock WITH AN EXTENSIVE LIST OF FILES TO MAKE SURE THESE CHANGES WOULD NOT HAPPEN I FOUND THAT I COULD NOT INSTALL THE PACKAGE I WANTED TO INSTALL. ENDIAN IS A CUSTOM DISTRO DO NOT EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL ANYTHING AND EVERTHING YOUR HEART DESIRES.

IF SMART WANTS TO UNINSTALL FILES YOU WILL NEED TO USE: smart flag --set lock COMMAND TO MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE A FUNCTIONING ENDIAN FIREWALL WHEN YOU FINISH. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED YOU WILL NEED TO USE THE smart flag --remove lock COMMAND WITH THE SAME LIST.

rpm and wget and smart channel --add have intentional minor errors in them so they can posted.
rpm --import "some server"/centos/5.8/os/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

rpm --import "some server"/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-5

smart channel --add CentOS_5.8 type=rpm-md name="CentOS 5.8" \ baseurl="some server"/centos/5.8/os/i386/ components=base
smart channel --add CentOS_5.8_Extra type=rpm-md name="CentOS 5.8 Extra" \ baseurl="some server"/centos/5.8/extras/i386/ components=extra
smart channel --add CentOS_5.8_centosplus type=rpm-md name="CentOS 5.8" \ baseurl="some server"/centos/5.8/centosplus/i386/ components=centosplus
smart channel --add CentOS_5.8_fasttrack type=rpm-md name="CentOS 5.8" \ baseurl="some server"/centos/5.8/fasttrack/i386/ components=fasttrack
smart channel --add CentOS_5.8_updates type=rpm-md name="CentOS 5.8" \ baseurl="some server"/centos/5.8/updates/i386/ components=update

smart channel --add el5_epel type=rpm-md name="epel el5" \ baseurl="some server"/epel/5/i386/ components=epel_el5

smart update

smart install wget

wget "some server"/enterprise/remi-release-5.rpm

rpm2cpio remi-release-5.rpm | cpio -idmv --force-local

rpm --import etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-remi

smart channel --add el5_Remi_i386 type=rpm-md name="remi el5" \ baseurl="some server"/el5.i386/ components=remi
smart channel --add el5_Remi-X86_64 type=rpm-md name="remi el5" \ baseurl="some server"/el5.x86_64/ components=remi-x86_64

smart update

smart install nrpe

/etc/init.d/nrpe start

MAKE SURE YOU USE: smart channel --disable TO DISABLE ALL THE SOFTWARE CHANNELS YOU ADDED TO SMART!

In Endian Webadmin go to:

Firewall >> System Access >> Add a system access rule
Enter your: Source address
Choose your: Source interface
Service/Port: SNMP
Policy: Allow with IPS or Allow
Add Rule

Apply

Firewall >> System Access >> Add a system access rule
Enter your: Source address
Choose your: Source interface
Service/Port: User Defined > TCP + UDP > Destination port: 5666
Remarks: Nagios nrpe
Policy: Allow with IPS or Allow
Add Rule

Apply

LokiScarlet

echo Hi > /dev/pts/0

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 January 2013, 03:17:07 am »

Hi. Sorry for bumping an old thread. I didn't see making a new one for this as such a good idea.

Thanks for your helpful post,
My supervisor told me that Endian did not seem to have Fail2Ban. I didn't think to try smart install fail2ban without adding these repositories, but did not have a problem installing Fail2Ban this way. I thought it would be a good idea to write scripts to make it easy to add the repos and enable/disable them, so I did. I'm still working on the speed and ease of use of the scripts, but if anyone asks, I will gladly share them.

Breaking everything, fixing what I can.
kieronrob

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 September 2013, 01:59:28 am »

Hi,

I am having endless hassles trying to install a new Broadcom driver for my 57788 cards.

If your scripts will assist in adding support for compiling new drivers then please I would like to try them.

I have spare hardware to try them on so lets have a go!
MariMow

-
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 June 2022, 11:40:42 am »

Could you fit these to a SOTF axle?

If not then how easy is it to convert to the older style axle with manual locking hubs? Is it a direct swap?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.