Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 11:59:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Get the new Updates directly from Endian  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Weighted Phrase limit exeeded
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weighted Phrase limit exeeded  (Read 9515 times)
CThiart

« on: Tuesday 16 October 2012, 11:12:09 pm »

Hi

I just started at a new company and they got a Endian firewall in place and the last Tech didn't document anything.
So first i need to reset the admin password to get access to web interface. Can someone please advise me how to go about doing this?

Then all the users are getting a "weighted phrase limit exceeded" error when trying to view any images using google images.
From all the reading i have done so far it looks like i need to increase the phrase limit or clear the http proxy cache.

Is this correct and can someone please give me a bit more info about how i would do this?

Thanks
whoiam55

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 October 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

Then all the users are getting a "weighted phrase limit exceeded" error when trying to view any images using google images.
From all the reading i have done so far it looks like i need to increase the phrase limit or clear the http proxy cache.

Endian uses Dansguardian to block sites you want your users shouldn't view. It do so by using either black list or by reading the content of the page or both. It read all the content and add the weight of that "blocked word" into it's table and search the whole page, if the weight of the pharse limit the exceeded limit, It's where it spit the  "weighted phrase limit exceeded" messages. To resolve this your can either re-configure the selected phrases or you can increase the pharse limit from under access policy in proxy tab..

सत्यमेव जयते!
CThiart

« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 October 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

Thanks for the Info.
I am still having problem getting the admin password reset. I am running endian firewall release 2.1.2.
Due to this i am unable to access the web interface to make any changes. From the research i've done i need to access the GNU Grub menu at boot up.
But is unable to stop the boot process. I have tried using putty and can open a session to the firewall but cant edit anything.
Can anyone help?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.