Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Thursday 18 April 2024, 07:37:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Bug tracker  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6491 Members
Latest Member: roy
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  2.2 RC 2 and Multi Wan Dual Wan Difficulties
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.2 RC 2 and Multi Wan Dual Wan Difficulties  (Read 10071 times)
oopstu

« on: Wednesday 24 September 2008, 08:34:56 am »

Hi All,

I'm brand new to EFW, but have been using smoothie and ipcop for years and years.  I also run open wrt and linux at home, so I'm comfortable with the command line, but weak with networking stuff that's complicated.

We're trying EFW community 2.2 RC 2 at our office to see if EFW commercial / multiwan setup is right for us. 

EFW has been AWESOME so far and is really slick setting up and getting initially configured.  Single wan setup is a breeze and I've had no problems. 

I have two red interfaces setup, "main uplink" and "uplink1" to a cable modem and a dsl respectively.  (both internet connections work and are independently tested.)

When I boot up and just have the main uplink on, everything is perfectly peachy! 

As soon as I activate the secondary uplink I lose all outbound internet from all clients and from the server.

It seems like activating the second uplink is causing my routing tables to get messed up because the interfaces are both on and lights are flashing away.

I'm currently just trying to make some firewall ipforwarding rules from the external ip of the dsl connection to a  servers on our network (not trying to get traffic going out from my LAN to WAN2 at all.  But whenever I activate WAN2 I lose all ability to go from LAN to WAN1.

Anyone have any advice on where I should start to troubleshoot / look at logs / make some changes?

thanks a lot, soorry for being such a newb.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.