Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  <SOLVED> Endian 2.5.1 blocks microsoft websites since 10th december!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: <SOLVED> Endian 2.5.1 blocks microsoft websites since 10th december!  (Read 11985 times)
sourcefinder

« on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 01:38:10 am »

I have EFW 2.5.1 running with IDS, proxy (transparant) and contentfilter. Red networking is static; the IP-adress of the red zone is added as DMZ in the modem.

Since december 10th EFW is blocking ALL microsoft websites (such as www dot microsoft dot com). I didn't change anything in the configuration. I updated snort, restarted the proxy, added .microsoft.com to the contentfiler whitelist, disabled the proxy, opened all ports for ougoing traffic, updated the internet connection (als the DNS server adresses), but nothing works. When I connect a PC directly to the modem, there are no problems. So it must be something in EFW. Has anyone got a clue, or has anyone got the same problem? Thanks in advance!
fqureshi

« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 09:53:10 am »

What error you get? May be DNS defined on your Endian is not resolving properly.
sourcefinder

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 06:34:31 pm »

I got the standard message: Page cannot be displayed (when trying to reach mspartner.microsoft.com) or The requested URL could not be retrieved, see attached picture.

I connected a second EFW. The configuration of this second EFW is just the same as the first one. Also static RED zone, the same gateway and DNS adresses. On that one I can reach the Microsoft websites without any problem.

fqureshi

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 06:46:38 pm »

Hmm weird..
You try to isolate issue by disabling proxy first. Then on a system which is connected to troublesome endian try to run nslookup command and see if it resolve the domain or not. This could be a configuration issue of proxy. Are you using dansguardian or virus filtering? Try to disable those rules and check again.

sourcefinder

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 06:58:48 pm »

Thanks for your reaction.

Disabled proxy, IDS and virus filtering. With nslookup (the first time I use that) I got the adress of my EFW. In dos prompt, when i tape the name of the website, such as microsft dot com, the adress of that website is given.
sourcefinder

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 December 2012, 07:09:33 pm »

Forgot to mention: microsoft sites stay unreachable. Another EFW on another location has the same problem, also from 10th of december!
sourcefinder

« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 December 2012, 10:12:27 pm »

OK, today (december 14th) the microsoft sites are working again on both firewalls... Seems to be some kind of bug in some kind of update! Strange that I seem to be the only one having noticed... Seems that EFW is not used by a lot of people, or that all those EFW users don't use Microsoft websites?!

fqureshi, thanks for your reaction on this subject.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.