Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Tuesday 30 April 2024, 04:58:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

CLICK HERE for the The official Endian Roadmap and Issue tracker
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6493 Members
Latest Member: thiagodod
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  VMware virtual firewall - HTTP proxy problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMware virtual firewall - HTTP proxy problem  (Read 9804 times)
b-morgan

« on: Friday 09 January 2009, 09:03:11 am »

I'm a long time user of IPCop firewalls and I have configured them as virtual machines using VMware successfully.

I configured a new virtual machine to take a look at the EFW Community edition 2.2 RC3. The red interface is bridged and the green interface is custom to a virtual switch (VMNet4). I have a virtual Windows XP machine connected to the green virtual switch (VMNet4). The red interface is set to DHCP. DHCP is enabled on green. Red addresses are 192.168.0.0/24 and green addresses are 192.168.10.0/24.

This configuration seems to be working until I enable transparent HTTP proxy access on green. I was reading the documentation on the host machine (which is in the red network), and when I attempt to get the next page (or any other page), I get an access denied error which appears to come from the EFW! With the EFW HTTP proxy access enabled, it appears to be intercepting HTTP on its red interface. How is this possible? Have I done something wrong?

gyp_the_cat

« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 January 2009, 03:05:59 am »

You may need to create a rule in Firewall - Inter-Zone Traffic to allow Green to Red.

It sounds like our setup, but in the Red zone we just have a  of routers, nothing worth looking at, and it seems to work quite happily, but saying that we're not running it in transparent mode.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.