Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Friday 29 March 2024, 06:20:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Official Endian Reference Manual  HERE
14247 Posts in 4376 Topics by 6490 Members
Latest Member: maquino
Search:     Advanced search
+  EFW Support
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Support
| | |-+  Can EFW scan outgoing mail?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can EFW scan outgoing mail?  (Read 9337 times)
krykino

« on: Wednesday 28 November 2007, 01:52:32 pm »

I'm new to EFW and using MS Exchange 2000 to be the mail server. I configured EFW to scan incoming mail before deliver to mail server and it works fine. So I decided to try and make it to scan outgoing mail. I configured MS exchange's connector and select "forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host" and key in EFW's IP, add the local bridgehead: the mail server's default SMTP Virtual Server, address space: SMTP. Finally I tested it by sending a mail to my hotmail account and my hotmail account received the mail. However, under the SMTP log in the EFW, there was no record about the outgoing mail. So I just wanna know whether EFW can be configured to scan outgoing mail? Or I have configured EFW or mail server wrongly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bl117

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 March 2008, 07:56:56 am »

By default all smtp traffice in and out is scanned.  however, if you whitelist your internal ip subnet such as 192.168.1.0/24 then it will not scan it and will pass it along.
krykino

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 March 2008, 11:37:44 am »

I do not whitelist my internal ip. Any email that goes into the EFW should have log inside, at least I can see something on the graphs (SMTP mail statistic). However, nothing is shown at graphs and log. Did I configure the connector wrongly? Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.